Re: POLL: for/against dropping support for kernels < 2.6.22

Hello all,

My vote is YES, why haven't we done this already??

My understanding is that we are just drop old kernel support and retaining the vast majority of the drivers.
If anyone tallied the total number CVE listed vulernabilites and other problems fixed since then they would probably be shocked.
Unless for some reason your hardware is so old that it does support 2.6.28.7, this is the version you should run.

Later,
Jonathan

>>> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> 2/24/2009 2:19 PM >>>
Please reply to this poll if you haven't done so yet. I only count clear
yes/no answers, so if you replied earlier to this in order to discuss a
point then I haven't counted that.

Currently it's 16 yes and 2 no votes, but I'd really like to see some more
input. I want to post the final results on Sunday.

Regards,

	Hans