Re: [linux-dvb] Can I use AVerTV Volar Black HD (A850) with Linux ?

Laurent Haond wrote:
> af9015_copy_firmware:
> af9015: command failed:2
> af9015: firmware copy to 2nd frontend failed, will disable it
> dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'AVerMedia A850'

> dvbscan fails with this error : Unable to query frontend status
> and sometimes (not everytimes) dmesg shows :
> af9015: recv bulk message failed:-110
> af9013: I2C read failed reg:d417
>

> Tried Kaffeine, did not work either...

Just as a FYI, if you haven't already realised it yourself (though I
suspect you have),  don't bother proceeding with testing with dvbscan or
kaffeine until you get the frontend to initialize (as they are doomed to
fail otherwise).

Laurent Haond wrote:
>>> af9015_copy_firmware:
>>> af9015: command failed:2
>>> af9015: firmware copy to 2nd frontend failed, will disable it
>>> dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'AVerMedia A850'
>>> dvb-usb: AVerMedia A850 successfully initialized and connected.
>>>
>> No knowledge why it fails. I suspect wrong GPIO, again this is AverMedia
>> device... You should take usb-sniff and look correct GPIO from there.
>>

> I trying to do that, but i'm not able  to find a recent and working
> repository for usbreplay and parser.pl
>
> Seems that http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php5/Usbreplay is out of date,
> and that http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/usbreplay is no more available.
>
> Can you point me to a working repository where i can get them ?

You can find a parser in the /v4l2-apps/test directory of the v4l-dvb
source .... (I'm not sure why it is in the /test directory and not the
/util , hence my  concurrent message on the list, douglas' pull request,
regarding this).