Re: soc-camera : sh_mobile_ceu_camera race on free_buffer ?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, morimoto.kuninori@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Guennadi
>
> > > It works well on all cases.
> > So I can add your "Tested-by:"?
>
> Yes please.
>
> > You can try to trigger the race with the capture.c example. Reduce the
> > "count" variable in mainloop() and run capture.c in a loop for a while...
> > Try without this patch and then with this patch. But I think this is a
> > correct fix, so, unless you say, it crashes without it and with it, I'll
> > apply it.
>
> I tried with following command option
>
> # capture_example -d /dev/videoX -f -c 1000
>
> I used -f option, I think you already know the reason =).

Yes, and I'm working on that.

> I think -c 1000 is enough.

No, sorry, this is not the test I meant. "-c" doesn't really stress the
path we need. You really have to execute capture_example multiple times
completely. The race we're trying to catch happens on STREAMOFF, and for
that you have to run the example completely through. So, I would suggest
something like

for (( i=0; i<100; i++ )); do capture_example -d /dev/videoX -f -c 4; done

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.