Re: MR97310A and other image formats

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Kyle Guinn wrote:

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 13:09:28 Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
Hi Kyle,

Looking at the v4l library from Hans de Goede, I did not find the
decoding of the MR97310A images. May you send him a patch for that?

Yes, I sent this to him some time ago.  Take a look here:
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb/rev/a647c2dfa989

-Kyle
--

I have several cameras with this chipset in them; they are supported in libgphoto2 under camlibs/mars. Therefore, I was very interested when I found this driver, which was based upon the old Aiptek Pencam VGA+ 0x08ca:0x0111. I can confirm that my Aiptek Pencam VGA+ also works. I also tried out some other cameras, thinking that their USB Vendor:Product IDs should be added. I met only mixed success with them.

1. 0x093a:0x010f cameras: I own three of them. Only one of the three will stream. The other two will not. The streaming fails at a very early stage, due to a USB error. Since one of them does work, should this ID be added? Pro: It works quite nicely. Con: The other cameras with the same USB Vendor:Product number do not work at all.

2. 0x93a:0x010e cameras: All of them will emit some kind of stream, but the output is not viewable, coming up instead as nonsense. I am somewhat nonplussed by this, in view of the fact that all of these cameras but one use the same decompression algorithm as the Aiptek. The one which uses a different decompression algorithm is not supported in libgphoto2, either. It is one of the 0x093a:0x010f cameras.

Theodore Kilgore