Re: not demuxing from interrupt context

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 03:09 -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> Here's an attempt to fix the pluto2 driver to not do this.  I don't have
> the hardware or information about the hardware so I'm not sure if it's
> right.  It's not that major of an undertaking.  It would have been easier
> if the driver was already double buffering like it should have been.

So here's something, not unique to pluto, that I've had a question about
with a lot of the drivers:

With only one queueable work object, or in this case an indicator that
only communicates that last incoming bit of work that needs to be done:
pluto->dmx_buf_num, can't you loose buffers on a busy system if the work
handler doesn't process things immediately?

Or is it just improbable that a system could every get that busy?

I'm also asking in the case of the recent PVRx50, KWorld 115 thread.  I
haven't looked tat the KWorld 115's driver yet to see if that may be a
possible cause of the problem.

Regards,
Andy