Re: v4l2 and skype

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:42:07 +0200
vasaka@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> hello, I am writing v4l2 loopback driver and now it is at working
> stage. for now it can feed mplayer and luvcview, but silently fails
> with skype it just shows green screen while buffer rotation is going
> on. can you help me with debug? I think I missing small and obvious
> detail. Is there something special about skype way of working with
> v4l2?

Hello Vasily,

I think skype is not v4l2. Also, I don't know about the frames you send
to it, but I know it does not understand JPEG.

> loopback is here:
> http://code.google.com/p/v4l2loopback/source/checkout
> I am feeding it with this app
> http://code.google.com/p/v4lsink/source/checkout
> this is the simple gstreamer app which takes data from /dev/video0 and
> puts it to /dev/video1 which should be my loopback device.

I did not look at your code, but it may be interesting for usermode
drivers...

list is in the Cc: field.

Regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/