Re: initial experiences with DVB-S

- Any recommendation on a USB solution? What to buy, and where to buy it.

I'm considering exchanging my S-1500 PCI for an S-2400 USB - any comments on this alternative? It comes with an external PSU, so I'm hoping it will also solve the problem below.

- The Technotrend card causes a constant increase in the power usage - even when I'm not watching anything. This makes my PSU noisier, not good for a multi-media experience. Maybe the device list needs a column with info about power usage? In comparison, plugging in my DVB-T USB stick makes no noticeable difference in PSU fan noise. I wouldn't mind paying more for a solution without the noise issue.