Re: [PULL] bttv driver improvements

Trent Piepho wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I haven't been able to test this code.  It seems my bt848 card doesn't work
with my SATA controller and I sort of need the latter to access the
harddrive.  But I think everything should work.  It cuts the the bttv
driver to less than half its current size.

A number of the changes are for specialized cards that likely have few if
any users left.  I'm pretty sure some have been broken for quite a while now.

Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tap/bttv

 bttv-cards.c  | 1323 ++++++++++++++++++++++------------------------------------
 bttv-driver.c |   90 +--
 bttv-i2c.c    |    6
 bttv-if.c     |   18
 bttv-risc.c   |    4
 bttv-vbi.c    |    2
 bttv.h        |   84 ++-
 bttvp.h       |   19
Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you said in this email, but are you
submitting a PULL request for 1500 lines of code that have had no
testing?

Bugs?!  In my code?  I think not!

If you look at the patches you'll see it's not nearly as large as it might
seem.
The muxsel chunk in my IVC120G looks ok. I've not tried it on the hardware, but it is only a minor change and there would be no net effect after the modification in my case (other than removing an unnecessary mux switch and making the code smaller).

-A.