Re: [linux-dvb] Tuning a pvrusb2 device. Every attempt has failed.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 05:32:26PM -0500, CityK wrote:
> Okay. One suggestion I have here is taking the pre-amp out of the chain
> right now, and just test with as basic a setup as possible.

This is how I started.  I got nothing at all.  I just posted some of the
latest details in another sub-thread.  My problem is too little signal.

> ... [ thanks for the details ]
>
> I'd step back from testing with Myth right now -- it adds to much of
> extra layer of complexity and sources for further error. In terms of
> just testing to make sure that the device is working correctly, just
> stick with the basic apps for the time being (scan, azap, mplayer,
> femon....)

I will proceed with these tools.

> ... [ about kaffeine ]
> Reviewing your prior message, I'd suspect that dvbtune just doesn't have
> support for ATSC. As you note, the other stuff is for analog.
>
> The fact that you have the device node created and the populated by the
> character devices, along with the femon result is encouraging.
> Similarly, that scan is detecting something on several frequencies (just
> not enough to capture any info for it) is also encouraging. I suspect
> that it comes down to a case of the antenna/cable configuration ... as

It looks like you are correct.  I'm going to have to install it on the
roof.

> noted before, take the amp out of the chain and retry ... also, if
> possible, can you obtain a signal under Windows?

Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately?) I've been windows-free
essentially forever (I got started in Unix) and I only deal with windows
when I have to.  I suppose that's a disadvantage in some cases, like right
now...

Anyway, Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer.

A.