Re: [RFC] Adding new ioctl for transparency color keying

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 13:53:23 Shah, Hardik wrote:
> [...]

Why has this nothing to do with the framebuffer? Isn't there a /dev/fbX
device for the graphics framebuffer? If there is, then it is exactly as I
described: a video output overlay (aka OSD). Do not confuse this with a
video overlay which is used to accelerate displaying captured video.

See also:

http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#OSD

Regards,

      Hans