Re: [hg:v4l-dvb] Merge from master v4l-dvb repo

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:59:09 -0500
Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 23:05 +0100, Patch added by Andy Walls wrote:
> > The patch number 10282 was added via Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx>
> > to http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb master development tree.
> >
> > Kernel patches in this development tree may be modified to be backward
> > compatible with older kernels. Compatibility modifications will be
> > removed before inclusion into the mainstream Kernel
> >
> > If anyone has any objections, please let us know by sending a message to:
>
> No objection per se, just a concern:
>
> This was a "make pull" I unwittingly did on my ~awalls/v4l-dvb repo that
> I mentioned.  Hopefully hg is smart enough not to have this merge back
> to the main v4l-dvb repo and cause unintentional reverts.

Mercurial will add your merges on its story. The only drawback is to have
mercurial history more dirty.

> ------
>
> Merge from master v4l-dvb repo

Instead, please use:
merge: <some description>

Since my scripts get the string "merge:" on the subject to discard the patches
when porting to -git tree.

Cheers,
Mauro