Re: KWorld ATSC 115 all static

Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:01:28 CityK wrote:
Hans Verkuil wrote:
OK, I couldn't help myself and went ahead and tested it. It seems
fine, so please test my tree:

http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-saa7134

Let me know if it works.
Hi Hans,

It didn't work.  No analog reception on either RF input.  (as Mauro
noted, DVB is unaffected; it still works).

dmesg output looks right:

tuner-simple 1-0061: creating new instance
tuner-simple 1-0061: type set to 68 (Philips TUV1236D ATSC/NTSC dual
in)

I tried backing out of the modules and then reloading them, but no
change.  (including after fresh build or after rebooting)

Can you give the full dmesg output? Also, is your board suppossed to have a tda9887 as well?

Hans' changes are not enough to fix the ATSC115 issue.

I believe that if you can confirm that the same problem exists, but the previous workaround continues to work even after Hans' changes, then I believe that confirms that Hans' changes Do the Right Thing (tm).

ATSC115 is broken not because the tuner type assignment has been removed from attach_inform.

This is actually a huge problem across all analog drivers now, since we are no longer able to remove the "tuner" module and modprobe it again -- the second modprobe will not allow for an attach, as there will be no way for the module to be recognized without having the glue code needed inside attach_inform...

...unless somebody has a suggestion?

Anyway, if the previous workaround works after Hans' changes, then I think his changes should be merged -- even though it doesnt fix ATSC115, it is indeed a step into the right direction.

If the ATSC115 hack-fix patch doesn't apply anymore, please let me know -- I'll respin it.

Regards,

Mike Krufky