Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/v4l-dvb

Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 22:36 -0200 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:26:31 -0500
> Andy Walls <awalls@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Do you know what is the status when/if you could ask Mauro to apply the
> > > patch you send in the "cx88-dvb: Fix order of frontend allocations..."
> > > thread. Without that patch my system is at least crashing on 2.7.27.7
> > > kernel when using the latest dvb-vl4 drivers.
> > >

> > Not until Thursday night at the earliest.  I never pushed the patch to
> > my repo, and the patch only existed as a local diff and as a sent mail
> > message on my hard drive that crashed.  I have to fetch my patch from my
> > backup or a mail archive, put it in a local repo, check that it is still
> > OK, push it, and then submit a pull request.
>
> If you allow me, I will just apply it from what we have at linux-media.
>
> This seems to be an important regression fix, since it is currently affecting several
> cx88 dvb users.
>
> Cheers,
> Mauro

Going a little OT.

After the surprise from kerneloops.org concerning the recent
mute_input_saa7133 oops, thanks Andy, should we not have forwarded such
reports from the kernel bugzilla and others, seems to be low traffic and
for the bugzilla all reported already, to linux-media now?

The bugzilla was quite lame during the last years and I did not even
have an account, but at least one potential severe issue for the saa7134
was there unanswered. Well known on the lists.

Now with kerneloops harvesting this seems to change a lot, about 20
oopses collected and not a single report on the lists previously.

Should we not have them forwarded to linux-media too instead of having
traffic from never ending more separate lists?

Cheers,
Hermann