Re: man(7) <-> mdoc(7) (approximate) correspondence table?

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your reply! Responses inline.

Alejandro Colomar <alx@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I can only recommend you look at pages in the Linux man-pages project, and follow what you see (you can ask me if a page is a good reference). I try to have them all with perfect source, but there are too many of them.

i'm actually not currently writing (or needing to write) a man(7) page. It's just that i'd be more inclined to potentially help with Linux-oriented man pages (and the man-pages project in particular) if there was such a table, to allow me to potentially do small/quick corrections, additions, etc. - i run two OpenBSD servers, but my daily driver is Gentoo.

i already have a lot of volunteer FOSS stuff on my plate, and i have to regularly make an active effort to not take on more / overcommit, so anything that can smooth the path for me to make quick changes as i notice them is appreciated.

It would be interesting if there would exist such a thing.

Yes, off the top of my head, it seems like a number of people might find it useful ....

Alexis.