Ping: Re: Move man* to man/ (was: Revert 70ac1c478 ("src.mk, All pages: Move man* to man/"))

Hi!

On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 02:28:59AM +0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding some features to the build system that would need
> having a clean man/ directory.  The main one is building several books
> for other projects, one per language, where languages correspond to
> every directory within man/ that doesn't match man*.  Currently, I'm
> workarounding this by running the build system several times, for each
> language dir, but it could be much simpler, I think.
>
> For not having a regression in the number of characters one needs to
> type to edit the manual pages, I thought of adding symlinks in the root
> of the repository, so it would look like this:

[...]

> What do you think about it?

Ping.

To be explicit: I want to

$ mkdir man/
$ mv man* man/
$ ln -st . man/man*

Should I assume that no-one has reasons against this?  I'll still take
some time before doing the change, to allow replies to this thread.  But
please manifest youselves, even if just for saying you don't have an
opinion.  Thanks!

Have a lovely day!
Alex

--