Re: No 6.05/.01 pdf book available

On Monday, 14 August 2023 18:37:26 BST Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Hi Deri, Branden,

[...]
> > Another change which would need to be accepted is
> > to allow a fourth parameter to .MR which is the destination name. Normally
> > the name of the destination is derived from the first two parameters
> > concatenated with "_", but if the name part of the .MR call to the man
> > page includes non- ascii characters (such as ".MR my\-lovely\-page 7 ,")
> > then it needs to provide a "clean" destination name.
>
> Is this really needed?  Can't gropdf just translate them internally?  Say,
> do unconditionally the equivalent of `| tr - _ |` or something like that.

See other email.

[...]
> Do you have an estimate of how long your branch could take to merge?
> As in, more than a month or less than a month?

I'm really hoping Branden's going to help me with that, I think he intimated
that he might when he suggested I start a branch for the work. I have one more
push to the branch to do, but I need to contact Peter since there is a minor
tweak to om.tmac to make expandos work in mom.

> > Makefile
> >
> > The simplest option would be to add a new rule to the Makefile which is
> > dependent on all the man pages have been built, and cd's into the scripts/
> > LinuxManBook directory and calls the program with the location where the
> > man pages exist. However, I suspect Alex fancies something more
> > complicated by replacing the perl with a hybrid of shell command and make
> > magic.
>
> You suspect well.  :)

Just like my wife, she often tells me I'm "No longer required on the
journey!". :-)

Cheers

Deri