Re: online manual pages

Hi,

On 3/16/23 18:55, enh wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 1:37 PM Alejandro Colomar <alx.manpages@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Elliott,
>>
>> I've pushed the new PDF book of the Linux man-pages (Deri produced the
>> scripts to produce it) to kernel.org with the 6.03 release of the Linux
>> man-pages.  Since you mentioned that you needed Michael to maintain the
>> pages in man7, and we don't seem to be able to contact him to do so, maybe
>> this is good enough for you for now.  Please have a look at <
>> https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages/book/man-pages-6.03.pdf>
>> and see if it serves your purpose.  Maybe you can suggest some improvements.
>>
>> You can already link to specific pages (and specific sections within
>> pages) within that online PDF.
>>

> how does that work? i've never seen a link to a page _within_ a pdf file...

How does that work, as in, how is it implemented?  I don't know.  That's
Deri's specialty (and in general, groff maintainers).

How does that work, as in, how do I get a link to a page within a PDF?

<https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/docs/man-pages/book/man-pages-6.03.pdf#acct_2>

Go to that PDF, and there are links; copy one and share it.  It has
bookmarks, so you can navigate with the left panel too.

Cheers,
Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5