Re: AW: AW: Example code at the manpage of strtok produces segmentation fault.

Hi Leon,

On 3/11/23 13:01, Leon Breidt wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>

> okay, that seems to explain the problems. I have corrected my usage of strtok_r in the meantime, so my original issue is resolved as well.
>

> It seems the git repo was also last updated two years ago. Therefore it does not have the build-src target specified at all, which explains why my build attempts failed.
>
> https://github.com/mkerrisk/man-pages
>

> <https://github.com/mkerrisk/man-pages>

That was a mirror that Michael ran on Github.  When Michael left
the project a few years ago, his mirror wasn't updated anymore.

> Perhaps I used the wrong repo?

The original repository is
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git>.

> Since it is run by the other maintainer of man-pages, this seems rather odd.

He left the project a couple of years ago, since he was very busy
with his own business.  I didn't yet update the website
<https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/index.html>, so it still
shows him as comaintainer.  The only source of truth now is the
git repository, since I don't have the time to fix other stuff.

You can consider the README the starting point for documenting the
organization of the project:
<https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git/tree/README>

> Even though it is not necessary anymore, I would like to test the new code, just to get familiarized with stuff like that.

Sure, just clone that git repo from <kernel.org>, read the README,
then read INSTALL and CONTRIBUTING, and run `make help` to see a
list of available targets.

> Kind regards,
>
> Leon

Kind regards,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5