Re: Using C23 digit separators not locale digit grouping characters

Hi Alex,

On Fri Feb 3, 2023 at 12:59 AM CET, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> On 2/2/23 23:29, Brian Inglis wrote:> Hi Alex,
>
> Hi Brian,
>

> > Took your views on board and changed man2 pages.
> > Attached summary only has file names and changed lines.
>
> I prefer inline in the email :)
>
> > Would like feedback on what to continue doing and what to forget doing before
> > starting man3?
>
> See below.
>
> > Of note for review are open.2 octal perms,
>
> The octals read a bit weirder than the others.  Please keep them in a separate
> patch, so we can decide on it later.  But I wouldn't discard it for now.

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that the digit separators look
irritating for both, hex and octal. The reason for using them in the first place
is to make numbers more readable and thus get them "out of the way".
As of my experience, it's not common to use separators for neither hex or octal.
I think we're going against what people are used to and more importantly, what
is generally found in code and documentation. We might archive the opposite of
what we try to do.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Best Regards,