Re: Issue in man page charsets.7

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 9:29 PM Alejandro Colomar
<alx.manpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> On 1/29/23 20:20, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > On 29/01/2023 19:35, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> > [...]
> >> On 1/29/23 17:45, Stefan Puiu wrote:
> > [...]
> > [...]
> >>
> >> I'd rather remove the "West" adjective from Europe.  It's simpler.  Does it
> >> sound reasonable to you?
> >
> > And it's way more accurate:
> > - Albanian is Balkan.
> > - Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish is Scandinavian.
> > - Italy is (usually) southern Europe.
> > - Faroese is propably also Scandinavian.
> > - Where is actually Galician spoken? In the north-west of Spain?
>
> Yep, Galician is the language spoken in Galicia, in the north-west of spain.
> It's a language very similar to Portuguese.
>
> Will fix then.

Well, I think it might be that the intention was to suit Western
European languages (although yes, strictly speaking there are multiple
language families involved), and Albanian just happened to be able to
use the same charset. I'm thinking of latin-1 in contrast to latin-2,
which I was using in the past for Romanian.

Stefan.