Re: Issue in man page regex.3

Hi Helge,

On 1/22/23 20:31, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:    null-terminated → NUL-terminated

I prefer NUL-terminated too, but there's a historic tradition of using null-terminated and similar syntax in the manual pages. The intent is to reduce confusion between NUL and NULL. See man-pages(7).

I believe that doesn't make any sense, since there's at least some visual difference between NUL and NULL, but the isn't any difference between null and null (apart from the context).

Sooo, I may apply policy change to stop using English syntax for these terms, and start using NUL and NULL consistently.

Cheers,

Alex

"B<regexec>()  is used to match a null-terminated string against the"
"provide information regarding the location of any matches.  I<eflags> is the"
"bitwise-B<or> of zero or more of the following flags:"

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>