Re: Probably incorrect formatting in timespec.3type

Hi!

On 7/21/22 16:39, наб wrote:
Hi!

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 03:38:46PM +0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
Check timespec(3type) and search for 'syscall', followed by 'long', and
confirm if the formatting is what you wanted to put or not.

It is:
   syscall is emphasised, since that's both the fundamental point
   and a subtle difference as compared to the very strong binding of
   the "long" which also designates a C type, and
   long is Some Object, not a type itself.

What is exactly "syscall long". Is it what the kernel understands internally as a long (which I guess doesn't necessarily match with what userspace understands as long)? I'm not so used to kernel details...

You may prefer sth like I[syscall] B[long]
(which I'd say is slightly worse because the whole point is that the
  syscall long is not long on X32, so the long is not literal),
but having them both be I would be misleading.

That makes sense.

Thanks,

Alex

Best,