All caps .TH page name

Hi Branden and Ingo!

I've never been convinced about the page title being in all caps in the .TH line. From recent groff@ discussions, I guess that neither of you are either.

I'd like to know why this has been the case historically, and any opinions you might have about me changing the man-pages to use the same caps as the actual identifier that I'm documenting (most of the time that would mean lowercase). Basically, the same rules as within .SH NAME.

Also, does it have any functional implications? I'm especially interested in knowing if that may affect in any way the ability of man(1) to find a page when invoked as `man TIMESPEC` for example. I'm not saying necessarily that I'd like to keep that behavior. I wouldn't mind breaking it, if it means that users will be able to differentiate upper- and lowercase pages. We're not in Windows (nor MacOS), anyway.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar