Re: request: calling conventions documentation

Dixi quod…

>would enable really fast lookup of the basics that are surprisingly
>hard to track down for all architectures as there doesn’t seem to
>be a single place for this. (I recently had to fix something on

Might also be useful to collect basic info about the arch: native
CPU bitness, instruction width (ILP32/LP64)¹, endianness, native
alignment requirement general rules (“natural for all types”, or
“all types to 2 bytes” like m68k, which also affects padding),
whether it’s a nommu port, etc.

These things are things we have on some Debian porting (wiki?) page
IIRC but only for the architectures represented in Debian and I think
in Debian-Ports.

① Yes, these are distinct, both x32 and amd64ilp32 are 64-bit
  architectures with 32-bit long and pointers, with more to follow…

Sorry for splitting this, it’s a long night and I’m still not sure
I’ve come up with everything. But something, as long as it’s correct,
is better than nothing.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc