Re: [patch] man2: srcfix, ffix: correct a wrong use of a two-font macro

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 08:30:58AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> Hello Bjarni,
>
> The changes in these patches are not useful. Please stop sending them.

[...]

A) "The changes in these patches are not useful."

  No.

  The applied corrections are useful for the project, for the future,
and for people that do not share your attitude.

  I call such reasons, as named above, "constructed" arguments, as the
real issue is not named, revealed, exposed, but hidden behind something
that could be true (for some single case) but is in reality not.

B) "Please stop sending them."

  I am not allowed to do that.

  Besides your request is against the spirit of free software.

  It is my obligation to protest against your lack of professionalism.

C)

  Why do you not tell the real reason for your answer (attitude)?

###

  "For what one has forbidden so far as a matter of principle
has always been --- truth alone.".  These words are valid for
the history of humankind as well as for Nietzsche's family.

Alice Miller "The Untouched key".  Virago Press 1990,
Page 122.

###

  Too many people are too afraid to dare to change their behaviour.

###

On the Cruelty of Really Teaching Computing Science

Edsger W. Dijkstra

SIGCSE Bulletin 1989, 21(1), pp. xxv-xxxix.
Also "www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/"

"This second radical novelty shares the usual fate of all
radical novelties: it is denied, because its truth would be
too discomforting.
I have no idea what this specific denial and disbelief costs
the United States, but a million dollars a day seems a modest
guess."

Page xxix.

##

  "Since breaking out of bad habits, rather than acquiring new
ones, is the toughest part of learning we must expect from that
system permanent mental damage for most students exposed to
it."

Page xxxvii.

##

  "The problems of the real world are primarily those you are
left with when you refuse to apply their effective solutions."

Page xxxviii.

###

Herman Rubin on the Usenet forum "misc.education":

  The important part of research, which I describe to my
students as "seeing the obvious", and as it has otherwise been
put:

"Scientific research consists in seeing what everyone else has
seen, but thinking what no one else has thought"

						-A. Szent-Gyorgyi
###

The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Ben Hutchings, for example in the Usenet forum
"linux.debian.devel.release".
###

--
Bjarni I. Gislason