Re: reporting omission in man 3 resolver

My Linux is Ubuntu 18.04.2 with all latest updates, and its glibc is
2.27-3ubuntu1
manpages are 4.15-1 , also I looked into man7.org after you announced 5.0
I studied sources of zdkimfilter and found a place where they consult
h_errno value after res_query
returns -1.
I turned to man res_query and did not find anything about h_errno
surprised, I contacted zdkimfilter author and he told me this has
always be this way as per BSD specification.
also checked glibc sources and found that h_errno is really filled
when underlying calls fail
what is left, is to specify this behavior in Linux man pages as
explicitly as it is done in BSD

чт, 7 мар. 2019 г. в 12:52, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)