Re: [patch] fanotify: Add new masks FAN_OPEN_EXEC and FAN_OPEN_EXEC_PERM

Hi Matthew,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM Matthew Bobrowski
<mbobrowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> fanotify.7: Added FAN_OPEN_EXEC and FAN_OPEN_EXEC_PERM
> fanotify_mark.2: Added FAN_OPEN_EXEC and FAN_OPEN_EXEC_PERM

This subject is a mouthful. (I guess my review was on two separate patches)
For a single patch that should do:

fanotify: Document FAN_OPEN_EXEC and FAN_OPEN_EXEC_PERM

> New event masks have been added to the fanotify API. Documentation to
> support the use and behaviour of these new masks has been added
> accordingly.
>
> Grammatical corrections have also been applied to files, where
> necessary.

I remember stating my opinion that most developers assimilate fanotify
with fsnotify and therefore pronounce it F.A.notify, which doesn't align
with the "s/an fanotify/a fanotify" change. And you noted that "a fanotify"
is the correct form.

Anyway, it is up to Michael to make the final call, but I really don't think
that you should mix this specific change together with your patch.
It's a separate issue, not a minor typo fix, that should go in with an
separate patch.

Thanks,
Amir.