How are the HTML renders of the manpages at man7.org/linux/man-pages/ generated?

I'm looking for a way to generate HTML from manpage source (tmac.an
format, specifically, although I could be persuaded to switch to
tmac.doc if it made life easier).  I'm aware of `groff -Thtml` and
man2html, but both of these produce output that is less than ideal:
groff doesn't generate hyperlinks for `cmd(1)` type crossreferences
and converts tbl tables into pictures, whereas man2html straightens
out all my carefully curled quotes and its fragment identifiers for
subsections are non-semantic.  Both of them generate HTML that's a lot
less semantic than I'd like, but that's probably unavoidable.

The manpages rendered on man7.org are, at least, readable, fully
hyperlinked, use curly quotes, and have, erm, ASCII art for ATTRIBUTES
tables, which is better than a picture.  How are they generated?

Thanks,
zw