Re: perf_event_open.2 patches

PS All patches have now been pushed to the upstream Git.

On 08/13/2018 06:41 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-opages) wrote:
Hello Vince,

On 08/08/2018 04:45 PM, Vince Weaver wrote:
Hello

over the past few months I sent a number of patches for perf_event_open.2,
most of them improving the ioctl documentation.

Is there any status on these?  I did get feedback on the one, which I will fix and re-send, but do I need any changes to the other patches? Should I
resubmit all of them?

My apologies. I've been rather short on time for the last few months. I think I've now attended to all of your outstanding patches, and added a few comments about follow-up fixes. If I missed anything, please let me know.

I only have a limited amount of time each year to do manpage work, so when I send out patches and then they linger for months without any feedback it
really slows down the whole process on my side.

Yes, again, my apologies.

I have a huge TODO list
of needed perf_event_open.2 updates, but I don't like working too far
ahead w/o feedback beacuse I don't want to have to re-start from scratch
if it turns out I'm doing something wrong.

Please, continue. I really appreciate your help. I'll try to be more responsive for future mails.

Thanks,

Michael