Re: man 4 tty_ioctl fixes

Hi Марк

On 16 January 2015 at 12:28, Марк Коренберг <socketpair@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [CC restored]
>>
>> Hello Марк
>>
>> On 16 January 2015 at 12:05, Марк Коренберг <socketpair@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> EXTPROC is not documented (can be set on c_lflag in termios structure)
>>> TIOCPKT_IOCTL is not documented (this value will appear when using
>>> terminal in packet mode). Not sure if TIOCPKT_IOCTL will appear only
>>> if EXTPROC is set.
>>>
>>> I want you to dcument that constants, and behaviour that will be
>>> changed when applying that termios.
>>
>> I'll cut to the chase: I want *you* to do it. Why do you presume that
>> I should do it?
>
> Since this letter is the form of reporting bug in man pages.

Making a bug report is fine (although your initial report was very
cryptic), but it is different from *solving* a bug. My time is
limited, and totally unpaid. I cannot solve all of the bug reports.

> If you
> know who can write CORRECT description of these constants -- it will
> be nice.
> I thought that you can write this description since, I think, you are
> more expirienced developer than I. Also my English is not so good.

You make many useful reports of minor bugs, and these are appreciated,
Марк. It seems to me though, that maybe it's time to a bigger step:
fix a bigger documentation problem. How about it? (And if your English
text needs improving, I or someone else on the list might help.)

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk