Re: [patch] packet.7: PACKET_LOSS has inverse meaning

@Willem: Sorry for being a smart ass ;)
> I interpreted this as the tp_status field of the malformed packets. To
> make clear that it does not refer to the "following packets", it could
> be revised to
>
> "is set, transmission continues, skipping over any malformed packets. The
> status of the malformed packets is reset to TP_STATUS_AVAILABLE."
There's no need to emphasize that "only" malformed packets have their
tp_status set to TP_STATUS_AVAILABLE, since the following packets will
share that fate (by being either skipped or actually sent).
If this were not the case the ring would be broken, due to multiple
non-consecutive occurrences of the same TP_STATUS_xyz. This is why the
transmission must be immediately aborted on encountering a malformed
packet if PACKET_LOSS is not set.

Aside from this purely academical know-it-all remark (sorry, again),
your suggested change is fine, of course. As an alternative, I simply
stripped the "theirs" from my initial suggestion:
---
However if
.BR PACKET_LOSS
is set, any malformed packet will be skipped, its status reset to
.BR TP_STATUS_AVAILABLE
and the transmission process continued.
---

Cheers,