Re: github repo questions...

On Sunday, October 02, 2011 17:22:56 Kevin Lyda wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 21:34, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> > It's temporary, but it might become permanent. I've yet to look into
> > all that github can offer, and and I'm waiting to see what life on
> > kernel.org is like once everything is reinstated reinstated, it may
> > end up being more comfortable to just stick with github.
>
> It's certainly easier to submit patches (using pull requests).

imo, all patches should be hitting the mailing list anyways.  and submitting a
pull request is pretty much just as easy as the git pull request message tells
the puller where to find it and which branch to pull.

perhaps the github interface makes this a little easier if it gives you a
button to click, but that doesn't affect the review process otherwise.
-mike