Re: arm_mremap() man page

Am Samstag, 9. Oktober 2010, um 07:19:34 schrieb Michael Kerrisk:

Hi Michael,

> [Was: man pages for undocumented system calls]
>
> Stephan,
>
> I don't think we really need to document this system call. It has gone
> away nowadays. Note also that your description below is incorrect. The
> 2.4 Linux source reads as follows:

You are right. But it exists in the kernel I am looking at: a 2.6.27 with some
patches by a vendor.

>         unsigned long ret = -EINVAL;
>
>         /*
>          * If we are doing a fixed mapping, and address < PAGE_SIZE,
>          * then deny it.
>          */
>         if (flags & MREMAP_FIXED && new_addr < PAGE_SIZE &&
>             vectors_base() == 0)
>                 goto out;
>
> In other words, new_addr can't be less than PAGE_SIZE for MREMAP_FIXED
> (if vectors_base() == 0, which I gather to mean if page 0 is being
> used as a vector address page).
>
> Also, your point in NOTES is not correct. The new_addr argument is
> passed by value; it can;t be used to return anything.

Of course, sorry for the noise then. But since the syscall went away anyway,
we can skip the man page.

Thanks
Stephan

--
       Stephan Müller Stephan.Mueller@xxxxxxxxx +49 172 216 55 78
atsec information security GmbH, Steinstraße 70, 81667 München, Germany