crypt (3) significant key lenght (DES, MD5, SHA)

Hello,

In current version of crypt (3) at the end of "glibc notes":

"In the SHA implementation the entire key is significant (instead of only the first 8 bytes in MD5)."

While in older versions with no mention to SHA:

"The entire key is significant here (instead of only the first 8 bytes)."

I understand the last sentence mean MD5 has entire key significant while older DES not. If this is true, I think there is a contradiction with the new version of manpage.

Is wrong the old version? (though I think MD5 has more than 8 bytes significant of the key) Can someone clarify this? or I am missing something?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Enrique D. Bosch 'presi'