Re: New manpage for betoh64() and friends

Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> The version of the page that is currently committed for release in
> man-pages-3.17 is shown below.  Let me know if you see anything
> that needs fixing.
>
> .SH "CONFORMING TO"
> These functions are non-standard, but present on the BSDs,
> where the required header file is
> .I <sys/endian.h>
> instead of
> .IR <endian.h> .

Alright, so it turns out that this is not accurate because of Ulrich
Drepper's beNtoh() versus OpenBSD's betohN() deviation.

(and FreeBSD into the mix is even more muddled: they got an earful from
Theo de Raadt over this issue)

Suggestion:

.SH "CONFORMING TO"
These functions are non-standard. The BSDs contain similar but not wholly identical functions in header file
.I <sys/endian.h>
(instead of glibc's
.IR <endian.h> ).

It grates that this mealy-mouthed text is longer than the source changes
required to fix the differences, but hey.

    Nanno