Re: spinlock recursion when running q800 emulation in qemu

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024, Guenter Roeck wrote:

when running the q800 qemu emulation, am seeing random "spinlock
recursion" messages every few test runs. Some examples are below. This
is not a new problem, but it keeps popping up.

You have to enable CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK to see it. I have logs from 10
years ago that show it. Those logs have the VIA timer driver in the
backtrace, like yours. That was v3.17 running on a PowerBook 180.

Is this a potential problem or just noise ?

Maybe the locking validation is not compatible with nested interrupts (?)

Does "spinlock recursion" show up in Aranym as well? I would check for
that myself but I don't have a reproducer.