Re: Arches that don't support PREEMPT

On Tue, Sep 19 2023 at 11:52, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sept 2023 at 11:37, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We could simply leave the cond_resched() around but defined as nops for
everything but the "nostalgia club" to keep them from having any regressions.

I doubt the nostalgia club cares about some latencies (that are
usually only noticeable under extreme loads anyway).

And if they do, maybe that would make somebody sit down and look into
doing it right.

So I think keeping it around would actually be both useless and
counter-productive.

Amen to that.