Re: Tuple and changes for m68k with -malign-int

On Sun, Aug 27, 2023 at 3:03 AM Finn Thain <fthain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2023, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On Sat, 2023-08-26 at 09:53 +0100, James Le Cuirot wrote:
Not only mold but also most notably the following projects:

- LLVM
- Firebird Database
- OpenJDK
- Various Qt packages

And potentially more in the future, which may be anticipated on the basis
that "those users don't need a stable ABI any more, so let's just ignore
the portability issues in our code and leave the problem to the distros
and toolchain developers".

Indeed, the world is slowly turning into "everything is 64-bit little endian"...

Moreover, why is it that only a few developers have a problem with making
explicit their decisions regarding alignment of shorts? What actual pain
does it cause them to accept a patch to make their struct layouts plain?

I guess you mean "ints" and "longs" instead of "shorts"?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds