Re: Linux 6.4.4 on m68k - Q40 - pata_falcon causes oops at boot time

Hi Finn,

Am 14.08.2023 um 13:15 schrieb Finn Thain:

On Mon, 14 Aug 2023, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Most other Falcon users might use SCSI (and SCSI-SD adapters) to
transport data between systems. Not an option for Q40.

Well, it could be of some help inasmuchas we still support a number of ISA
SCSI host adapters. I wonder whether the Q40 ROM, bootloader or vendor
software etc. has any support for SCSI cards (with no byteswapping)...

The issue of byte swapping does not arise for SCSI AFAIR (most host adapters used on these systems are narrow so disk byte order is preserved, and byte swapping happens at the filesystem level if need be. Byte order for wide adapters may be possible to set by the host).

SCSI support came as third party drivers for Atari, I suspect it's been the same for Q40.

Cheers,

	Michael