Re: reliable reproducer, was Re: core dump analysis

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Am 20.04.2023 um 18:04 schrieb Finn Thain:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2023, I wrote:

Oddly, the program never detects any stack corruption when run on the
QEMU '040.

I tested a Motorola '040 and got the same result.

OK, that would mean the bus error was just the most reliable way to get
do_signal_return run after child process termination, and the signal
delivery itself may be responsible for stack corruption.

I agree (I assume you're replying to my other message about the absence of
swap).