Re: U-Boot support for M68K removal

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 08:22:15PM +0100, Angelo Dureghello wrote:
Hi Tom,

thanks a lot, and thanks Geert for forwarding this :)

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 5:14 PM Tom Rini <trini@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 01:49:11PM +0100, Angelo Dureghello wrote:

Hi Tom and all,

really have to apologize, had hard times these last 2 years
and couldn't follow at all the activity, i am totally culprit
and responsible.

Now i can jump back on following, if there is any sense
in keeping m68k/coldfire.
Let me know, if ok i start back checking all old patches
from tonight. Also, will have to update my email and rebase
to master.

I'm glad you're back. I think the first thing to do would be to confirm
that U-Boot still works on at least some supported board, then
confirming you can still access
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-coldfire

first 2 tests:

1) rebased u-boot to master, flashed to stmark2 (mcf54415),
no boot, black console. Working on this.

OK.  Based on some other reports in general, I suspect there's probably
2 or 3 different bugs uncovered / introduced.  Hopefully it's not too
hard to flash and test so bisect'ing these down won't be super painful.

2) seems i can still access
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-coldfire

Great!

--