Re: U-Boot support for M68K removal

Hi,

On 30.1.2023 18.34, Tom Rini wrote:
That's great to hear. While I started my life on m68k machines, I never
did get Linux up on one. Do the coldfire platforms you have run U-Boot
today? If so, are they already supported upstream? One of my biggest
concerns about the architecture, in U-Boot, is that I've just not heard
of anyone using it in quite some time, and we don't have any emulated
platforms either (can it be done in QEMU? We have other plaforms in CI
via QEMU) so I worry it's not working.

Qemu supports both m68k and ColdFire nowadays: https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/target-m68k.html

	- Eero

PS. For m68k there are also a lot of other emulators that emulate specific platforms.

Aranym, 68040 Atari "clone", used a lot by Debian m68k port before Qemu got m68k support.

WinAUE, 68000-68040 Amiga emulation. Unlike Aranym or Qemu, this emulates also CPU cache.

Hatari, 68000-68040 Atari emulation (based on WinUAE CPU core).

Previous, 68030 NeXT emulator (based on Hatari).