Re: [RFC PULL] remove arch/h8300

On 4/4/22 22:22, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Hi Arnd,

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 3:09 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 2:43 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 09:19:16AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
If there are no other objections, I'll just queue this up for 5.18 in
the asm-generic
tree along with the nds32 removal.

So it is the last day of te merge window and arch/h8300 is till there.
And checking nw the removal has also not made it to linux-next.  Looks
like it is so stale that even the removal gets ignored :(

I was really hoping that someone else would at least comment.

Doh, I hadn't seen this patch before ;-)
Nevertheless, I do not have access to H8/300 hardware.

3. arch/sh j2 support was added in 2016 and doesn't see a lot of
changes, but I think
    Rich still cares about it and wants to add J32 support (with MMU)
in the future

Yep, when the SH4 patents will have expired.
I believe that's planned for 2016 (Islamic calendar? ;-)

BTW, the unresponsiveness of the SH maintainers is also annoying.
Patches are sent to the list (sometimes multiple people are solving
the same recurring issue), but ignored.

Anyway, I do regular boot tests on SH4.

5. K210 was added in 2020. I assume you still want to keep it.

FTR, I do regular boot tests on K210.

FYI, we identified the problem that makes userspace execution unreliable.
Working on a fix.

--
Damien Le Moal
Western Digital Research