Re: Wrong colors on ARAnyM

Hi Geert,

On 16/02/22 21:24, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

The atafb driver references a 'linux/tools/hardware.txt' file for a
description of the Videl registers. Does anyone still have a copy of
that file?
At least full-history-linux doesn't have it.
Might be a reference to the old FTP archive at Erlangen then ...
Failing that - how would I go about setting specific text colours for
the console (or draw a test pattern showing the result of the four
palette entries)?
I typically use fbtest for that.
One more reason to hunt for that in the dino age package archives :-)

I also have a script to show the 16 colors (assumed there are 16):

#!/bin/bash
printf "\e[7m"
printf "\e[30m                    BLACK                     \n"
printf "\e[31m                    RED                       \n"
printf "\e[32m                    GREEN                     \n"
printf "\e[33m                    YELLOW                    \n"
printf "\e[34m                    BLUE                      \n"
printf "\e[35m                    MAGENTA                   \n"
printf "\e[36m                    CYAN                      \n"
printf "\e[37m                    WHITE                     \n"
printf "\e[1m"
printf "\e[30m                    BLACK                     \n"
printf "\e[31m                    RED                       \n"
printf "\e[32m                    GREEN                     \n"
printf "\e[33m                    YELLOW                    \n"
printf "\e[34m                    BLUE                      \n"
printf "\e[35m                    MAGENTA                   \n"
printf "\e[36m                    CYAN                      \n"
printf "\e[37m                    WHITE                     \n"
printf "\e[0m"

Thanks, that ought to do - I vaguely remembered there should be control sequences to set colour (having worked on VT100 and VT2xx emulators, though not the actual hardware terminals) but wasn't too sure.

Cheers,

    Michael

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                         Geert