Re: Mainline kernel crashes, was Re: RFC: remove set_fs for m68k

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Incidentally - have you ever checked whether Al Viro's signal
handling fixes have an impact on these bugs?

I will try that patch series if you think it is related.

Initial tests look promising (but I've said that before).

Here's what I found in recent tests on my Quadra 630.

The usual stress-ng panic can happen without list corruption, even with
local_irq_save/restore() added to do_IRQ().

The panic did not show up at all during stress tests with Al's signal
handling patch series.

I think my results are consistent with yours.

The kernel's 'memtest' didn't detect any bad DRAM but it isn't
particularly thorough so I'm running some tests with memtester-4.5.1.