Re: v5.11 (CONFIG_FLATMEM) boot crash

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 10:46 AM Mike Rapoport <rppt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There was a bug in the definition of ARCH_PFN_OFFSET that's quite
probably causes the crashes when the kernel is located in the second
memory bank.

The fix was posted a while ago:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-m68k/20210228190828.392974-1-angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you check if this helps?

Thank you!

I hadn't realized this applies to classic m68k, too.
One more reason to annotate #else and #endif keywords, to avoid
people guessing wrong...

Greg: This is in linux-next, and still destined for v5.12, I assume?
Thanks!

That message seems to have omitted 'Cc: stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' and the
commit in linux-next seems to lack a 'Fixes' tag:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/commit/arch/m68k?id=06c5fa9b2168fcf185ca6807982bb97b72c0cfdb
It may be worthwhile to add the missing tag before pushing.