Re: Using more than 1 GB in qemu-m68k-system

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

Hi Brad,

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 3:19 AM Brad Boyer <flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We could probably emulate a fake NuBus card in qemu that is just
memory in the super slot space for that card. Can a regular driver add
RAM, or would we have to detect that in the core code somewhere?

I think a regular driver can do that, if CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y.
However, the latter depends on CONFIG_SPARSEMEM.

The early core code can just call memblock_add(), though.

The nubus subsystem isn't available during early boot. The regular driver
option might be the best option.

BTW, the Nubus memory mapping done in arch/m68k/kernel/head.S (0xf8000000
through 0xffffffff) covers the standard slot space but not the super slot
space.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert