Re: Can KEY_DH_OPERATIONS become tristate? (was: Re: Kernel 5.3.0 stuck during boot on Amiga)

Hi David,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 5:54 PM David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
CC crypto keys people

TL;DR: CONFIG_CRYPTO_DH=y is reported to cause boot delays of several
minutes on old and slow machines.

Why is it doing that?  It doesn't do anything unless it is called, so
something must be calling it.

I don't know.  Enabling initcall_debug shows that dh_init() takes a very long
time.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds