Re: [RFC] switch m68k to use the generic remapping DMA allocator

Hi Christoph,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 8:33 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 08:53:55PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:21 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
can you take a look at the (untested) patches below?  They convert m68k
to use the generic remapping DMA allocator, which is also used by
arm64 and csky.

Thanks. But what does this buy us?

A common dma mapping code base with everyone, including supporting
DMA allocations from atomic context, which the documentation and
API assume are there, but which don't work on m68k.

OK, thanks!

bloat-o-meter says:

add/remove: 75/0 grow/shrink: 11/6 up/down: 4122/-82 (4040)

What do these values stand for?  The code should grow a little as
we now need to include the the pool allocator for the above API
fix.

Last 3 values are "bytes added/removed (net increase)".
So this increases the static kernel size by ca. 4 KiB.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds