Re: Oopses and invalid addresses under Hatari

Hi,

On 4/13/19 2:11 AM, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Am 13.04.2019 um 10:53 schrieb Eero Tamminen:
I assume the actual error is on $12fcba moves.l instruction.

=> Failing address here is again >2GB.

Uh - what compiler was the kernel built with?

$ m68k-linux-gnu-gcc --version
m68k-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18) 6.3.0 20170516

m68k defaults to SLUB allocator, so the code is in slub.c
(instead of slab.c used on more common architectures).

I've used SLAB since a long time when SLUB gave me trouble, but haven't revisited that to see whether SLUB still is problematic. That might have been in the context of extreme memory pressure and out-of-bounds writes that have since been fixed. so I might be barking up the wrong tree here.

Quick look at that didn't show anything that could return negative
values, it only returns kmem_cache_cpu->freelist values, and if
those are wrong, I would expect more issues.

=> I will test the other allocators.  Should they work?

I'll also try strace.  Does ptrace() work OK on m68k?

strace works for me, so I suppose it will work for you.

Thanks!

	- Eeero